Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'm Back

I had this post all typed up last night, and blogger kept kicking me off.

...finally.  I have been told that I need to post more often, I will do my best.  We havn't had internet since we moved and finally got it installed on Monday :)
I am really loving our new place, once we get it a little more organized I will post some pictures.  Our place is so much bigger and has way more room for storing stuff, so nice to have an extra bedroom!  We also have an amazing view from our balcony.


Yesterday we also got our new washer and dryer delivered...I love it!  I actually don't mind doing laundry anymore, and it don't have to do it all day!  Plus my clothes actually feel clean :)

On Sunday we took a drive up to Breckenridge to see some fall colors...nothing like the UP.  I was missing the awesome colors in the UP and was ready to hop on a plane!  The only color here is gold.





Last night I made Sweet and spicy jerk ribs.  Very good and easy...it is a crockpot recipe.  I will be saving this recipe!

Ignore the poor picture quality...bad lighting in our dining room.

2 racks pork baby back ribs (4 1/2 lbs.)
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 c. Caribbean Jerk seasoning
3 c. honey BBQ sauce
3 Tbsp apricot preserves
2 Tbsp honey

Cut ribs into serving size pieces; brush with oil and seasoning.  Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs in crockpot.
Cook on low 6-8 hours or until tender.  Skim fat from sauce before serving.

I halved this recipe for Michael and I.  I also think this recipe would be really good for pulled pork sandwiches.

3 comments:

  1. IT'S ABOUT TIME! :) I so jealous of the awesome view you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you do have a great view. Yum! I think I am going to have to try that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could use that extra bedroom for a little babes! :)

    ReplyDelete