Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sports

Saturday we went to a Mammoth (lacrosse) game.  Before moving out here I never knew there was a pro lacrosse league.  I really wasn't too interested in going but Michael and Barry both wanted to, so on Saturday we went to a game.  It was much more fun that I thought it would be.  It seems to be more focused on entertaining the crowd than the actual game...so much different than hockey.  Cheaper than hockey too, you can get $5 tickets :) There was music playing and the announcer were talking the whole time the game was going on.  I know absolutly nothing about the sport, but it was really fun!


For the introductions they had pyrotechnics and Harleys on the field...it was interesting!  I was surprised how many people were actually there.  I guess it is a really big sport out here and all the high schools have teams.  It was Wild West Night on Saturday, so there was all kinds of people dressed up in western gear, it made it interesting for people watching...my favorite thing to do!  At half time they had little kids riding sheep, like a mini rodeo...hilarious! 

On Monday night we went to the Red Wings game.  Of course the only time I forget my camera is then :(  I took a couple of pics with my phone, but they don't turn out near as good.  The game was super fun, and I actually was getting all into it.  (And I'm not even a big hockey fan.)  We have been told that when the Wings are in town, you can't even tell which team is the home team.  I couldn't believe how many wings fans there were at the game.  It makes it even more fun when you aren't the only one cheering for your team!
I am looking foward to Kari, Madeline and Aimee coming to town on Thursday!!!

4 comments:

  1. I just laugh about the Lacrosse game. :) That's good it was fun! I can't believe you forgot your camera at the redwings game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I realized on the way there, but didn't have time to turn around to get it:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never watched Lacrosse either. It sounds pretty interesting tho! It always fun to try out something different.. in this case, watch something different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lacrosse game does look fun! I like the closeups of the dark haired head sitting in front of you!

    ReplyDelete