Sunday, January 10, 2010

New project

Last night I decided I was going to try knitting.  I decided to start with a scarf.  I went out and picked up some needles and yarn and went online and found some directions.

It took me several tries to get the first row on the needle.  After the first row was on, it was pretty easy.


I noticed after several rows, that I had one extra stitch...o' well.  It isn't noticeable so I'm not going to worry about it!  I also don't know how to get rid of it!  This is how far I've gotten:

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

7 comments:

  1. i want to try knitting too but it seems like it would be so much harder than croqueting. everyone who has done both says knitting is easier but i've still never tried it. good luck! it's a cute scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried crotcheting, but knitting is pretty easy, I learned online so it can't be too hard! Give it a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Andrea! Krista crocheted a scarf for me for Christmas. She learned from a book. I need to learn how someday!
    Love,
    Auntie Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good, Andrea. I'm proud of you!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've known how to knit for years and have never finished a project yet.. halfway through a scarf that I started before I was married.. we'll see who finishes first! (probably you)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Ang! I should try this someday, but I feel like I will not have the patience for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sweet!! I know how to crochet and my mom tried teaching me to knit once and I couldn't get the hang of it...I should try again...you've inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete